Saturday 14 February 2009

My Bloody Valentine


Happy Love Day!

I could barely open my front door today because of the masses of red envelopes blocking the way out. This is a joke of course. To be honest, I don't have a problem with this day. If I was part of a couple I would gladly buy my other half silly little presents and be super nice to them. The thing that most annoys me (and by most annoys me I mean slightly irritates) are the couples who say it is a load of rubbish and aren't going to do anything for each other.

It is currently 13.24, I haven't left the house and I cannot see any red envelopes or plastic roses. I'll keep you updated. Actually, before I go off the Valentines subject altogether, let me tell you a heartwarming story about me, a boy and a plastic rose...

I was in my local pub last week with friends downing shots of sambucca whilst trying to be ladylike. A woman walks in selling roses for charity. One of my male friends asks if I would like a rose "yesh!" I slur. He smiles and asks the flower lady "How much are they?". She replied, deadpan, "£3.50". My friend scrunches up his face, thinks for a second and says "Erm, nah, I'll pass then".

And they say romance isn't dead. Pah!

No comments:

Post a Comment